Most women wind up using men’s electric razors because they aren’t sure what else they should buy. The truth is that there are plenty of great electric shavers for women on the market, and a little research will help you find the one that will work best for you.
How to Pick the Right Shaver
When shopping around, there are a few things you’ll want to consider. Everyone shaves and grooms differently, so make sure you pick a razor that’s designed to be used the way you want to use it.
Intuitive to Use
Big, boxy electric shavers are always difficult to use. Corded razors make things a little more complicated, because you can’t move them around without getting tangled up. You want something that’s designed to fit well in your hand and allow you to shave in free motion.
Rotary Shavers vs Foil Shavers
Those electric shavers with the circular heads are great for men, but they aren’t so great for women. Those three big circles aren’t exactly designed to accommodate the curves of a woman’s legs or underarms – let alone the bikini area. You might want to skip out on rotary shavers and look specifically for the foil ones. They’re easier to use, and you’re less likely to snag yourself.
Shaving Dry or Wet
Dry shaving isn’t always pleasant. It’s great when you don’t have time to take a shower and you just want to touch up really quick. If you want to be able to shave with an electric razor the same way you would with a disposable razor, you need an electric shaver that can be used wet. If you like to use your shaver with moisturizing shaving creams or gels, make sure they’re waterproof.
For some women, a bikini trimmer or a guide is a must have for a razor. If you want something to keep you safe when you’re working in a delicate area, make sure the razor you choose comes with a fitted guide for that purpose.
The Top 5 Best Electric Shavers for Women
Electric razors come in all shapes and sized, priced for different kinds of budgets. There’s a perfect electric shaver for everyone.
1. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver
This is a great budget shaver for someone new to electric razors. If you want one for travel or to keep with your gym equipment, this one is perfect. It’s a three blade rechargeable unit designed to fit comfortably in the hand. There aren’t many frills here – it’s perfect for someone who just wants to shave and be done with it.
- The ES2207P can be used wet or dry.
- The razor heads feature a hypoallergenic coating, making them perfect for people with sensitive skin.
- The razor head is equipped with a pop up trimmer, so it’s easy to go over missed spots.
- The charger is small and compact, ideal for travel.
- This is a small unit that doesn’t do a bunch of fancy stuff. It’s only a basic unit, but it’s a great price for what it is.
Comes With: This unit only comes with the travel charger.
There is no accessory pack. You aren’t getting a lot with this shaver, but you aren’t paying a lot either. It’s the perfect unit for people on a budget who just want a decent shave. If you’re looking for a second razor you can travel with, make this one your first choice. It’s great to take with you in a to-go or overnight kit.
2. Remington WDF5030 Wet & Dry Women’s Electric Foil Shaver
This is a compact, ergonomic four blade electric shaver that comes in your choice of purple or white. The moisture strip is lubricated with ulta-nourishing almond oil. The open blade system prevents the shaver from getting clogged up, and you’ll get thirty minutes of cordless shave time on a single charge.
- The head is angled to stay flat against the skin, giving you a closer and more comfortable shave.
- The foils are designed to lift up hairs of different lengths, growing in different directions. You’ll be able to do more in a single pass.
- This is a completely waterproof wet/dry razor, so you can shave how you want and clean the razor thoroughly without fear of damaging it. It’s even treated with an antimicrobial agent to prevent bacterial growth.
- This is slightly more expensive for an electric shaver without attachments or bonuses, though it is still reasonably priced.
Comes With: Stand, charger, carrying bag, and a bikini comb / head guard for the razor.
Remington has been making reliable women’s electric shavers for decades, and they’re only gotten better with time. This one isn’t too complicated, and it doesn’t need to be. It’s high quality, and it makes it easy to do what you need to do.
This is a high tech floating foil and pearl tipped razor. It can be used wet or dry, and it’s specially designed to follow the contours of a woman’s body. It’s designed to be intuitive to use, and the peal trips on the blades prevent scraping or razor burn, even when you’re shaving in a hurry.
- Floating foil keeps your shave comfortable and safe. It pivots back and forth to follow your body, so you won’t need to push hard or change your position.
- Not only does this razor give an hour of shave time on a single charge, but it comes with a battery indicator. You’ll know what you need another charge – it will never come as a surprise.
- This kit comes with everything you need to shave, including a full set of guides.
- If you haven’t shaved in a while, you might want to pre-trim before you use this razor.
Comes With: Charger, travel pouch, a trimming comb, a soft glide cap, and an efficiency cap.
If guides and attachments are very important to you, you’re going to love this razor. It’s perfect if you want an excellent shave and a little help in getting there. It’s super simple, and very effective. It’s easy to pop on the guide you need and get to work.
4. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
This model by Panasonic features more of a traditional design. The pivoting box style head is something a lot of electric shaver users will be familiar with, as the shape has been around for decades. It boasts four blades, so you’ll never need to make two passes over the same spot. Get close, and get the job done quickly.
- This panasonic ES2216PC razor charges overnight, and at full charge, gives you one full hour of cordless shaving.
- The unit is designed to be lightweight and travel friendly. Take it on an overnight trip or keep it in your toiletry bag.
- The bikini trimmer attachment is easy to use. You’ll be able to access your most delicate areas with peace of mind.
- The head might be a little bulkier than what you’re used to. Once you master it, it’s one of the best shaves possible.
Comes With: A charger and an easy to use bikini trimmer.
This is the best electric shaver for ladies who prefer men’s style shavers. If you find that women’s electric razors aren’t good enough to get the job done, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the power it offers. When you want more than something pink that shaves, you’ll find that this electric razor is the best one for you.
5. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Wet and Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Epilator
This is more than just an electric shaver – it’s also a full fledged epilator. If you’re looking for a single machine that can do everything, this one is perfect for you. A combination of shaving and epilating will get your legs smoother than they’ve ever been.
- This is a two in one deal. You’re getting a razor that can be used for several different things, including epilation.
- This can be used wet or dry, so you can epilate or shave safely under hot water.
- The unit features a built-in light to allow you to see clearly – you won’t miss any spots.
- Because this electric shaver is also an epilator, it’s a little more expensive. You do get what you pay for.
Comes With: Epilator head, razor head, guard, charger, charging stand, and a bonus facial cleansing brush.
This is the most versatile electric razor you can buy. The ability to epilate with it makes it well worth the money. If you ever don’t feel like using the epilator, it easily converts back to a regular electric shaver when you need it to.
Which Should You Choose?
Before you choose, consider your budget and what you need. If you aren’t sure, it’s sometimes better to start off with a basic unit and upgrade later on. If you know you really want an electric razor, it’s worth splurging on one you know will last for years.